AVAILABLE POSITIONS QA Engineer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Working with the QA Manager for our Racing team, you will be responsible for evaluating software products through the use of detailed tests to apply and maintain quality standards as well as developing, modifying, and executing software test plans, automating scripts and programs for testing.
You will also analyse and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analysing those results to ensure existing functionality works as expected, recommending any corrective action; consults with development engineers in resolution of problems; and coordinates automation efforts with Zynga QA Ops.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases, encompassing manual, non-functional and automation.
- Build outstanding track record in communicating complicated technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths.
- Maintain and update FAQs, and team wikis including information on team’s process, tools, and scripts
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in game testing on multiple platforms
- ISTQB Certified or similar certification
- Clear, concise communicator
- An excellent teammate, who works well with others
- Deep understanding of test and reporting tools, such as JIRA, TestRail, GameBench etc.
- Experience in Agile testing strategies and shift-left approaches
- Collaborates with multiple teams and other fields to develop an effective automation strategy and tooling for the team
- Build transparency and share knowledge between teams throughout NaturalMotion and Zynga
- Experience with one or more of Java, C, C++, C#, Python, PHP, and familiarity with compiler/build environments
- Strong Experience with automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber/Gherkin or other industry standard tools
- Practical knowledge of video games
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, compatibility etc)
- Experience with Technical Testing for e.g. PACT/Handshake Testing
- Good working SQL knowledge
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: QA & Customer Support
Careers location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time