AVAILABLE POSITIONS QA Analyst
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As QA Engineer, you’ll already have confidence in your core skills whilst being aware of what you don’t know yet. A strong sense of personal belief is important, supported by work samples, references, and lessons learned on the way.
You will have a key role in ensuring quality throughout the project you are assigned to, either across the game as a whole or in specific area(s) and you will also work with on and external partners to achieve the highest possible quality standards. You will be deeply integrated with the development team and QA teams on that basis and be a key voice for ensuring the highest quality standards that our players deserve.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform early feature or content testing (either scripted or exploratory) on areas or features, investigating issues in order to determine root cause where necessary in order to resolve bugs in a timely manner
- Provide feedback to the development team on design documentation, identifying gaps or shortfalls in order to facilitate efficient test coverage, in addition to providing feedback on the game area(s) overall
- Responsible for the creation, update and execution of test strategy on specific areas or features, whether it be creating verification test plans, integration tests, exploratory test strategies or regression tests; providing an estimate on the effort required to ensure adequate coverage
- Engage with development team in a tactful, assertive and diplomatic manner in order to proactively resolve issues as early in development process as possible, being a trusted point of contact for assigned area(s)
- Review externally completed testing and suggest potential future areas of coverage as and where necessary
- Suggesting and evangelising potential opportunities in tools and test automation in order to reduce manual test effort where appropriate
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings to relay progress or risks and issues, where required
- Using your knowledge and experience to drive improvements to test process and strategy across the project, coaching and supporting other team members where necessary
- Bachelor’s degree educated with a relevant degree, or equivalent experience as a QA Engineer
- Previous experience of testing on a live service title, on mobile or other platforms
- Have a prior background or experience testing one or more of the following technical areas: game design, art, graphics, data/analytics, performance, networking, security, platform compliance
- Prior experience collaborating with offsite and/or outsource QA teams, ideally at a development studio
- Exposure to industry standard editor tools (such as Unity, Unreal)
- Exposure to source control systems (such as Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Passion for racing, free to play mobile or console games!
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: QA & Customer Support
Careers location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time