AVAILABLE POSITIONS Producer – StarWars IP
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms.
NaturalMotion has been consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by gamesindustry.biz, and was named Best Large Company in the UK in 2020. Join us!
As a Producer at BossAlien you will be a driving force within teams, owning the planning and path to achieving the highest quality new, premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe.
You will empower teams to deliver an outstanding game at high quality, on budget and on time. You will run the development process improvement through the team retrospectives and regular feedback. As a facilitator, you will organize your team planning, retrospectives, product review meetings, and others to make sure that all teams have common and clear short-term and long-term goals. You will be a supportive leader for the team, helping developers to be on the same page and removing obstacles along the way.
You will be adept at risk assessment and risk mitigation planning. As part of your job you will proactively resolve dependencies and communicate the production status, plans, risk mitigation, and development metrics back to the team and to studio leadership. You are able to react and take decisions quickly and independently and you will set a great leadership example to the rest of the team.
This is a production role that will report to the BossAlien Lead Producer.
- PLANNING AND EXECUTION: working with feature teams, leadership, and partner teams, you will define the scope of work, collaborate with Product Owner and the team to establish backlog priorities, ensure ownership, building long term and short term plans, and communicate to all interested parties.
- COMMUNICATION: own communication between teams and individuals, both written, verbal and visual. This includes clear progress, status and risk reporting, as well as quantitative production metrics tracking. Keep everyone in sync with plans, and changes to the plans as they happen.
- DELIVERY MANAGEMENT: Working with QA, Development, Design, Art, Product, and all other teams on delivery of high quality game updates within agreed schedule and scope.
- WORK IMPROVEMENT: Find the right process for teams. Constantly iterate on these solutions through team retrospectives and regular feedback to find the best way for delivering the game updates effectively.
Your Experience and Skills
- A Project Manager / Producer with game development experience
- Experienced in Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban), team work scheduling and plan execution.
- Effective at driving order, strong prioritization and decision making skills, dealing with ambiguity effectively for self and others.
- Capable of being responsible for a defined area of a project, encouraged to provide methodical input.
- Influential through in-person and written communication channels. Effective in one-to-one as well as one-to-many communication.
- Experience with distributed or external development teams on is highly beneficial
- Experience in development of games based on external IP and direct communication with external IP/brand holders is highly beneficial
- PMP understanding is beneficial
- Mobile or shooter game development experience is highly desirable.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free lunch on Mondays
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time