AVAILABLE POSITIONS Producer (Star Wars)
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to take on next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a studio leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
As a Producer at our Austin Studio, you will be a driving force across our teams, defining and owning tactics and strategies to bring our game vision to life.
You will develop close partnerships with peers in leadership, to empower and evangelize for your teams, and to deliver outstanding player experiences on time and at high quality. As a strong facilitator, you will organize your team’s planning, retrospectives, product review meetings, and others to make sure that all teams have common and clear short-term and long-term goals. You will be a supportive leader for the team, keeping our teams aligned and working collaboratively, while removing obstacles and annoyances along the way.
In your role, you will proactively identify, manage and resolve dependencies and communicate the planning, key status, risk mitigation tactics, and development metrics to the team and to studio leadership. You will also be called upon to efficiently analyze problems, react and respond to those quickly, and instrument solutions quickly and independently.
This role will report to our Lead Producer in Austin.
- PLANNING AND EXECUTION: working with feature teams, leadership, and partner teams, you will define the scope of work, collaborate with our Product Owners and the team to set backlog priorities, ensure clear ownership, build and maintain long-term and short-term plans
- COMMUNICATION: own communication between teams and individuals, both written, verbal and visual. This includes clear progress, status and risk reporting, as well as quantitative production metric tracking.
- DELIVERY MANAGEMENT: Partner with QA, Development, Design, Art, Product, and all other teams on the delivery of high quality game updates within agreed timescales and scope.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Through thoughtful reflection, inspection, and feedback, continually refine and focus the right processes for our teams.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated expertise with game development project management methodologies.
- Strong experience working within Agile methodologies.
- Effective at optimizing work tactics against project strategies, ability to move decision points forward decisively, while unraveling rabbit holes and ambiguity so our teams are focused and unified.
- Able to comfortably own responsibility for large, game features and content.
- Influential through in-person and written communication channels. Effective in one-to-one as well as one-to-many communication.
- Mobile or shooter game development experience is highly desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Production
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time