AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principle Software Engineer
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. The Principal Software Engineer will play a key role in helping architect, build and improve backend services for our games.
- Design and architect new backend applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability and to lower cost
- Create documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code.
- Review detailed tech plans from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic pain points and tech debt.
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions.
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience in programming RESTful services using Java, GoLang, Python, and/or PHP
- Strong familiarity and experience using AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems
- Experience with database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with C++ a plus.
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal a plus.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Bengaluru, India
Requisition ID: P209581
Select Your Country of Residence