AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principle Software Engineer (DevOps)
As a Priniciple DevOps Engineer you’ll develop and monitor critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high quality mechanics that scale! Come join us … and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
Candidates will be developing primarily in a PHP, NoSQL and Amazon AWS based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in PHP
- Apply cloud (AWS) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Troubleshoot production issues and looking for future improvements
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
- Help mentor other specialists in core language and technology struggles.
- You will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be able to work on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 6+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- 4+ Years Live Operations Experience
- Strong devops experience with Amazon AWS and CI/CD tools(Jenkins, Chef, Terraform)
- Strong programming experience in PHP/LAMP
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide effective feedback to team members
- The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience with GIT
- FaceBook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
Goodlife fitness annual membership
Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
Vacation: Open vacation policy
26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
Casual dress every single day
Culture of diversity and inclusion
Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time