AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Unreal Graphics Engineer – Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
One Team: Three Epic Games!
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans and Star Wars™: Commander.
The team has a tight-knit, sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst embracing all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. We create world-leading, action strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Graphics Engineer with deep graphics programming experience to join our world-class team, and bring AAA visuals to life on mobile. We are seeking individuals who proactively contribute solutions themselves and also inspire ideas from others. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of complex graphical tasks in Unreal
- Build and improve art tooling and pipelines to boost team productivity
- Collaboration with art and wider disciplines to hit or exceed visual targets on mobile
- Profiling and optimisation of the mobile rendering pipeline
- Working with QA to debug and resolve graphics issues across a range of mobile devices
- Documenting and reporting on key areas of graphics tech
- R&D into cutting edge Unreal techniques to push visual boundaries and performance
- Write well-designed, adaptable, and testable software for mobile devices
- Crafting production ready code after prototyping
- Mentoring members of the code team and share knowledge across NM
Required Experience & Skills
- Good understanding of common rendering techniques and algorithms
- Experience with profiling and with optimising for most of the following: frame rate, hitching, loading times, memory usage, and storage space
- Experience with debugging a wide range of graphical issues
- Good experience with the Unreal rendering pipeline
- Confident with C++ and one of more: HLSL, CG or GLSL
- Experience with mentoring and knowledge sharing
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Have you developed and released multiple games with Unreal?
- Do you have experience working on strategy games?
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
NaturalMotion is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time