AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Technical Artist
Zynga is looking for the best of breed Principal Technical Artist to help lead a technical art group for exciting, new game in development. You should possess the passion, experience, and interpersonal skills to unify the group, liaise between art and engineering, and help cultivate an environment of partnership, creativity, and productivity.
- A veteran developer with multiple shipped titles under your belt
- Expert in pipelines for characters and animation; modeling, texturing and lighting; shaders and VFX.
- Expert in writing tools for artists in Maya, using Python and/or PyMel. PyQt UI tool development a big plus.
- Fluent in shaders and shader development for games. You will have the ability to author and debug shaders written for Unity and Maya.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the following programming languages: Python, Jscript, C++, C#
- A Maya super user with deep knowledge of and ability to support all modules, especially Animation, Dynamics, Rendering, Modeling.
- Experience with Unity, Perforce, Motion Builder, Z brush, Adobe tools, game middleware tools.
- Expert building tools for art packages.
- Able to bend game engines to your will, especially Unity
- Someone who loves to get under the hood to see how things work
- A natural problem solver, who enjoys working with folks of all disciplines
- A natural leader and champion, who can advocate initiatives and get buy-in from team.
- Jump into any art pipeline, whether it’s environment, character or other artistic discipline, to maintain, lead, build, and support the team’s 3D tools
- Work with engineers and a variety of teams to bridge art and technology for faster iteration, and quality, including creating specs for tools development that meet the art customers’ needs.
- Mentor and support other technical artists, critique their work, and help raise the quality of art production across the board.
- Identify art production bottlenecks and inefficiencies early; provide solutions that are simple, elegant, and maintainable
- You should stay on top of new techniques and technologies¸ and drive prioritization within the company based on game quality impact and projects’ needs
- Empower artists to build the highest quality games by decreasing iteration time, and growing artist authoring power and efficiency
- Setup up test environments, and rapidly build test data for new feature prototyping; work closely with artists and content engineers to see these features through initial testing, evaluation, iteration, and completion
- Assess risk in new processes/pipelines of development, and communicate those findings clearly and concisely
- Advise pipeline creation for new teams
- Onboard and integrate external vendors who work closely with internal teams
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
Catered lunch daily
Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
Open Vacation Policy
Flexible working hours
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time