AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Technical Artist – Hit It Rich! Casino Slots
Zynga is looking for a Principal Technical Artist to work on a successful, staple game of the Casino Org! Are you a dedicated, curious, and highly motivated tech artist who loves problem solving with Directors and Engineers? If so, you will be an excellent fit for our diverse and creative team!
- Work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to construct and implement game assets in Unity – exporting 2d art assets from concept art for dialogs, features, etc.
- You will develop a foundational understanding of all systems in the game while maintaining optimal performance and efficiency of the game’s final visual assets, as well as work to address any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production
- Define, maintain, enhance and troubleshoot the pipeline for in-game assets
- Develop and maintain tools for the production pipeline, particularly for animation and technical art tasks
- Create and leverage materials/shaders to achieve unique styles and hit amazing visual quality
- Create, maintain, and communicate technical art guidelines and implementation techniques with fellow team members
- Maintain clean, optimized project, periodically auditing assets and sprite atlases, etc
- Profile builds and provide and implement solutions to address performance issues
- Be confident and comfortable providing original ideas and solutions to challenging issues in a production environment.
- Act as a go-to source of knowledge and provide training to other team members
- We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, teammate, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across discipline lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become problems. You thrive when collaborating with others, sharing a point of view to deliver the best achievable results.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Highly skilled at communication with team members across subject areas, including the written documentation of pipeline processes
- Driven to stay knowledgeable of industry trends and technologies and share those lessons with the larger technical artist community
- Deep understanding of technical requirements of mobile game development
- 5+ years of experience with Unity
- Intermediate skills with 3D modeling, rigging and UV texturing with professional 3D software such as Maya or ZBrush
- Experience scripting with C# for tool creation
- Proven understanding of MVVM software architectural pattern
- Proficient with optimizing 3D and 2D assets for memory and performance considerations
- Proficient with Photoshop
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools needed for art implementation and optimization
- Proficient with profiling tools
- Collaborative and self motivated
- Ability to support the game team with troubleshooting and technical assistance.
- Strong problem-solving methodology.
- 6+ years experience in game development, with shipped titles.
- We value people with a passion for mobile gaming.
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce and Git.
- Animation and VFX proficiency is a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Art & Animation
Careers location: Austin, TX, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Select Your Country of Residence