AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer, Server – Identity
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! On the Identity team, we focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core authentication and identification components for games. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. The position will play a key role in helping to architect and build backend services for our games.
- Design and architect new backend applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability and to lower cost
- Document and write tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing, and reviewing code.
- Review detailed tech plans from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic problems and tech debt.
- Follow engineering standard methodologies to ensure code quality, performance, and reliability.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions.
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games.
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience in programming RESTful services using Java, GoLang, and/or Python
- Strong familiarity and experience using AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Excellent communication skills and can talk to senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems
- Experience with database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with external groups/teams on technical implementations and procedures.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our varied community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Carlsbad, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time