AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Poker
Principal Software Engineer – DBA / Data Engineer (Poker)
Zynga Poker is looking for an expert DBA/Data Engineer to join our DevOps team. You will be working alongside a credible group of veteran engineers specializing in building robust, large-scale, critical infrastructure, products and services that drive features in our game. You will be serving the needs of highly available, scalable, and secure Zynga Poker data related services and products by using cloud ready architecture, streaming data processing, and modern databases. You will have opportunities to learn and experiment with new technology to improve our long-term data management and usage needs. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success through expertly crafted data layers and passionate about building excellent products that impact millions of people!
- Own Data Management, Data Modelling, Data Pipeline, and ETL infrastructure(s)
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of Vertica and MySQL/RDS Aurora clusters
- Develop infrastructure to inform on key metrics, recommend changes, and predict future results
- Provide mentorship and review for the studio engineers around data modeling and usage in a high traffic environment
- Support existing processes running in production
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 5+ years of experience in the data warehouse/Big Data space (preferably in either Vertica or Redshift or another column orient database solution)
- 5+ years of experience with handling MySQL or a MySQL based product like Aurora/Percona/MariaDB in a high traffic environment
- Proven experience building ETL processes for large volumes of data
- Good database development skills with SQL proficiency, a solid understanding of relational database technologies
- Running RDMS in a high traffic environment
- Exhibit strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical judgment.
- Ability to mentor others and lead a project across multiple developers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Backend programming experience in PHP and Java and one or more of the following: Python, Hack, C++, C#
- Strong grasp of TCP, HTTP, server profiling tools, and debugging in a live environment
- Experience building and handling large-scale server applications in a cloud-based environment, including server monitoring (Nagios, Datadog), provisioning/config management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), maintenance, and live-ops
- Experience in AWS (EC2, ELBs/ALBs, RDS, ECS,DynamoDB,etc)
- Experience with Unix/Linux and sysadmin tools
- Experience with Docker
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time