AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal DevOps Engineer – Poker
Are you a curious developer? Do you enjoy the challenges of software deployments at scale? Then we would like to meet you! Zynga Poker is looking for seasoned software developers willing to grapple with interesting challenges and push themselves to the next level professionally. We are excited to hear from you soon!
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess the implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Demonstrate extraordinary coding and development skills, including critical review and improvements to software developed by other specialists.
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic problems and technical debt.
- Work closely with Product Management on feature definition and Project Management on project schedules.
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to less experienced team members.
YOU WILL BE A PERFECT FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 9+ years of software development experience.
- A strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in systems architecture, data structures, algorithms and software design
- Expert knowledge in C#, Java, Golang, or a similar modern language.
- Good understanding of PHP
- Experience with mobile product development, especially in Unity/C#.
- Experience building high-performance, large-scale applications and reliable software.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Experience with a cloud environment like Amazon’s AWS an advantage.
- Experience in live game development and operations an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time