AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer, Payments – Central Technology
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the underlying gameplay experience. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology & gaming. The Principal Software Engineer will be working with a complementary team of software engineers to craft and maintain Zynga’s core Payments platform, which enables seamless integration with app stores, consoles and payments processing providers.
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code.
- Follow engineering standard methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at scale.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture.
- Work with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Expert knowledge in C#, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of backend server applications, web services, REST APIs, AWS, etc
- Experience in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems
- Familiarity with agile development methods and tools
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal a plus
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work with others
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canadian Employees)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**Remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position. #LI-LM1
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Select Your Country of Residence