AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer
We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high quality service to millions of players every single day. Collaboration is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and champion a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making our games the best experience for our players.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design of large scale applications and features & enhancements which reaches millions of players. You should be passionate about players, performance, stability and holds a very high bar for quality of the game.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Owns technical roadmap, design and review for end-to-end games, ensure design quality and integrity
- Modernizing the tech stack
- Bring tech innovations in the game which will help in growth of the games
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Lead and Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical perfection.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical discernment.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in software development, mobile, desktop or web application development with hands on coding experience covering full stack
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- A proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPS and software design
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with game engines, platforms such as Unity, Cocos-2d, Phaser js
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, terraform etc)
- Experience with setting up server monitoring, alerting and server provisioning
- Familiarity with micro service architecture, containers and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with development tools & integrated build systems: XCode, IntelliJ, Git/Jenkins
- Experience of driving activities, review process to ensure software and product quality.
- Experience working with package managers is a plus
- Willing to pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution does not exist, then innovate as necessary.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Bengaluru, India
Requisition ID: P208755
Select Your Country of Residence