AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Game of Thrones: Legends (Unity)
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_110141
Zynga seeks a Principal Software Engineer to develop architecture and systems to support great user experiences in our mobile games. As a Principal Engineer you will be taking the lead in designing, implementing, and supporting new systems that drive our games forward to deliver industry leading game play. You will mentor developers to help elevate the entire team’s capabilities and skills. You will work with team leads to develop timelines and plans to orchestrate complicated features and challenging deliverables.
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components and build systems for iOS, Android, and webGL using Unity3D
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
- Create and work with data objects in relational and non relational storage models and APIs
- Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Help mentor other specialists in core language and technology struggles
- You will be addressing critical issues on one of our biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be able to work on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge in mobile development, Unity3D, C#
- Experience with database optimization: SQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as MemCached and Redis
- Deep experience with Xcode, and Android Studio
- Programming RESTful services
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Git experience
- Experience working with MVC or MVVM
- Game Design and development experience
- Experience with integrating 3rd Party SDKs
- Experience with Amazon AWS or related technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $125,000 and $230,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence