AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack
Zynga is looking for an Principle Software Engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions?
As a Principle Software Engineer you’ll architect and develop critical game components and systems that directly relate to our games success. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high quality mechanics that scale! Come join us … and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
Candidates will be developing primarily in a PHP and Unity C# based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in PHP and Unity C#
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
- Create and work with data objects in relational and non relational storage models
- Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Help mentor other engineers in core language and technology struggles.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience with GIT
- FaceBook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS and related technologies
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: P210044
Select Your Country of Residence