AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack – Central Technology
Come join the team at Zynga that makes an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for exceptional engineers with a real passion for technology and the ability to work with a team with dynamic strengths.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code.
- Build, improve & maintain Zynga’s mobile frameworks for iOS, Android, Unreal and Unity.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Dedicatedly identify & recommend improvements to address systemic challenges and tech debt.
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- Collaborate effectively with teammates, contributing to a creative environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed tech plans from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in software development with hands on experience covering full stack
- Significant programming experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, C#, Java, Golang
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Strong Object Oriented Skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Experience using XCode and Visual Studio a plus
- Experience with Unity or Unreal a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, terraform etc) a plus
- Experience with setting up server monitoring, alerting and server provisioning a plus
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, containers and related technologies a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time