AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal / Senior Software Engineer – Central Technology
Come join the team at Zynga that makes an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for exceptional engineers with a real passion for technology and the ability to work with a team with dynamic strengths. In this role you will play a key role in helping architect & build the next-gen C++ framework for our games.
- Build, improve & maintain Zynga’s mobile frameworks for iOS, Android, Unreal and Unity.
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code.
- Dedicatedly identify & recommend improvements to address systemic challenges and tech debt.
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- Collaborate effectively with teammates, contributing to a creative environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed tech plans from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games.
You will be a great fit if you have
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Significant programming experience in C++.
- Experience using XCode and Visual Studio.
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems.
- Experience with Emscripten a plus.
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal a plus.
- Knowledge of the mobile landscape and emerging technologies a plus.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We will consider all qualified job seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the interview process, please let us know. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time