AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer, Central Technology
- Design and architect new backend applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability and to lower cost
- Build tech plans
- Review detailed tech plans from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code.
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic problems and tech debt.
- Follow engineering standard processes to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- Work collaboratively across teams to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions.
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience in programming RESTful services using Java, GoLang, Python, and/or PHP
- Strong familiarity and experience using AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems
- Experience with database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $125,000 and $190,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Chicago, IL, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_Z-P212530
Select Your Country of Residence