AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Central Technology
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, US, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_110443
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood.
We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. You will play a key role in helping architect, build and improve backend services for our games in AWS.
You will be especially focused on scaling our containerization efforts and extending our multi-tenant Kubernetes/EKS clusters with more robust monitoring, observability, and a transition to GitOps. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the Kubernetes ecosystem and community including 3rd party and opensource technologies in the CNCF landscape to take us to the next phase of our multi-year journey to grow microservices.
- Provision, improve and maintain Kubernetes clusters hosting critical live services
- Optimize & refactor existing provisioning and testing models to improve reliability, scalability, security and to lower cost
- Document and write tech plans for new architecture/system designs with a key focus on helping transition Zynga towards more automation and GitOps
- Peer review your fellow engineers' work.
- Participate in tech reviews and align with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic problems and create a culture of quality with a customer-focused approach
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability
- Work collaboratively across teams to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games
- Participate in on-call backed by a team of experienced engineers and SRE as first-line responders
- Mentor Senior Software Engineers and assist with their technical growth
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Computer Science, Game Development, or equivalent OR similar training in a Bootcamp for DevOps. We will evaluate and are open to non-traditional backgrounds for cloud career paths.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Professional-level knowledge in administrating, monitoring, and extending Kubernetes clusters at scale
- Deep understanding of container and related technologies
- Significant Experience with production environments in AWS, especially AWS EKS
- Significant Experience with Helm, Terraform, Monitoring Tooling (Datadog a plus)
- Experience in programming using Golang, Python, Java, and/or PHP
- Experience writing unit, integration, and/or regression tests in at least one programming language
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging, security and performance optimization
- Curiosity about CICD technologies to handle infrastructure as code and application deployments (Jenkins a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with peers with confidence and clarity
- Familiarity with Linux and low level problem solving
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. Below are the expected salary and wage ranges for applicants based in locations where the pay transparency law is in effect:
Colorado: $100,000 and $145,000 per year
California: $125,000 and 180,000 per year
New York State (inclusive of New York City): $120,000 and $175,000 per year
Washington: $100,000 and $145,000 per year
Base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 16 paid holidays per calendar year, unlimited discretionary time off, and will receive up to 6.5 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence