AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Analytics
Interested in creating great products that impact millions of people? Building high-performance optimization systems leveraging big data and machine learning? Want to solve complex large-scale technical problems using the latest technologies? Zynga is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join the Analytics Application Platform team!
The Analytics Application Platform team builds systems and solutions for experimentation, optimization, business intelligence, user acquisition, and various analytics applications. The experimentation and optimization systems are used by game teams to conduct A/B testing, ramping up features, and optimize various aspects of social gaming. Our business intelligence system enables game teams to discover and gather players’ insights to make data-driven decisions. We also work closely with the UA managers to create solutions to streamline, automate, and optimize the user acquisition workflow. In addition to the core products mentioned above, we also collaborate with our analysts and data scientists to build new applications and platforms in Analytics.
As a full-stack Principal Software Engineer, you will also be evaluating technologies, recommending solutions, and leading efforts to implement and deliver. Our systems are built using a variety of tech stacks, including Java (Spring), Python, Go, React, AngularJS, Node.js, Kubernetes, Docker, and various AWS technologies.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of production experience in software development
- Knowledge and production experience of Java (Spring Framework), Python, Go
- Solid foundation in system architecture, API, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience building high-performance, large-scale applications, and reliable software
- Ability to mentor others and coordinate a project across multiple developers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, documentation, and operations
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud environments like Amazon’s AWS; Familiar with infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Worked on production systems with both relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience in analytics and big data is a plus
- Solid knowledge of Node.js and web frameworks such as AngularJS/Backbone/Ember (preferred) or React and Flux/Redux
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time