AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Analytics
We are seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic, and highly driven team. Zynga’s mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. The ideal candidate will have a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by hundreds of millions of players worldwide.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We own the full game and player data pipeline – from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design and development of high-quality services and products to support the Analytics needs of Zynga’s games. In this role, you will be focusing on advanced technology developments for building scalable end-to-end services which can be leveraged by our various games.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and own data-driven large scale backend services to be consumed by millions of clients across multiple platforms (mobile, web, console)
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and Zynga-wide technical vision
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability. Be a thought leader for the team, helping drive and adopt best practices
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address systemic pain points and technical debt
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Support mobile SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity used by all Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, CSR2, and more!
- Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence
- Provide production and integration support for products running in all Zynga Games
- While this is an individual contributor role, you may be asked to take on a few direct reports
You will be a perfect fit if you have
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 6+ years of professional experience in software development and backend services
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position. #LI-LM1
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: P210027
Select Your Country of Residence