AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack
Principal Software Engineer – Full Stack
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and large-scale services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. In Central technology group, we are seeking top full stack engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic and highly driven developer services team.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design and realization for developer tools including developer portals, build distribution systems, package manager etc. to running smoothly for Zynga’s developers.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Owns technical design and review for end-to-end products, ensure design quality and integrity
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Establish process and metrics to measure software quality
- Lead and Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical judgment.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in software development, mobile, desktop or web application development with hands on coding experience covering full stack
- Experience coding in Java and/or C# and SQL
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong Object Oriented Skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, terraform etc) is a plus
- Experience with setting up server monitoring, alerting and server provisioning is a plus
- Familiarity with micro service architecture, containers and related technologies is a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with development tools & integrated build systems: XCode, IntelliJ, Git/Jenkins
- Experience of driving activities, review process to ensure software and product quality.
- Experience working with package managers like Nugit is a plus
- Willing to pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution does not exist, then innovate as necessary.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time