AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Software Engineer 2
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games – Empires & Puzzles, Merge Dragons, CSR Racing 2, Farmville, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words with Friends and Zynga Poker span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express.
In 2019, we delivered a record topline performance with revenue of $1.32 billion, up 46% year-over-year, and bookings of $1.56 billion, up 61% year-over-year
Our strong Q4 performance capped off an outstanding year as we delivered the highest annual revenue and bookings in Zynga history. We expect to build on this momentum as we continue growing our business in 2020.
Come join us, thrive, and take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform mobile.
Zynga India is Zynga’s largest studio outside USA with 500+ people and growing rapidly. It manages some of Zynga’s biggest global games in the Casual Gaming, Action Strategy, Match-3, Slots, and Invest Express genres. The game teams are responsible for the long term-vision of the game, its entire Game Design & Tuning, Product Roadmap, Features, Content & Creative decisions, Art work (2D, 3D, Animation), Development, QA/Testing, Analytics & Performance Tracking, User Acquisition & Live Operations.
The Zynga India team is full of passionate gamers, who love to play, build great products, and have fun doing it. Studio I expect continued growth and is looking for strong leaders to expand the studio into this next growth phase.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design of large scale applications and features & enhancements which reaches millions of players. You should be passionate about players, performance, scalability and holds a very high bar for quality of the game.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Owns technical roadmap, design and review for end-to-end games, ensure design quality and integrity
- Modernizing the tech stack
- Bring tech innovations in the game which will help in growth of the games
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Lead and Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical perfection.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical discernment.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in software development, mobile, desktop or web application development with hands on coding experience covering full stack
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- A proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPS and software design
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with mobile development – Android/iOS/Native OR on game engines such as Cocos-2D, Unity or other.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, terraform etc)
- Experience with setting up server monitoring, alerting and server provisioning
- Familiarity with micro service architecture, containers and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with development tools & integrated build systems: XCode, IntelliJ, Git/Jenkins
- Experience of driving activities, review process to ensure software and product quality.
- Willing to pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution does not exist, then innovate as necessary.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Bengaluru, India
Requisition ID: P209458
Select Your Country of Residence