AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Gameplay Engineer – Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are hiring for a Principle Gameplay Engineer who excels at bringing other people’s ideas to life, and who proactively contributes ideas and solutions. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will collaborate with all disciplines to create gameplay prototypes for mobile devices
- You will work with a team to produce synchronous (low update) multiplayer prototypes
- You will build UI / UX prototyping systems
- Write well-designed, adaptable, and testable software for mobile devices
- Crafting production ready code after prototyping
- Mentoring members of the code team and share knowledge across NM and Zynga
Required Experience & Skills
- You have developed and released multiple games in Unity and C#
- Having taken titles from concept to execution, you have comprehensive experience with gameplay prototyping
- You are an authority when it comes to player control and multiplayer gameplay
- You have a strong interest in NPC behaviour with a technical knowledge of AI techniques, such as Hierarchical State Machines and Behaviour Trees
- You are well versed in using complex physics and collision systems
- Have worked extensively with animation control
- Have experience creating data driven systems
- A strong and comprehensive understanding of UI and UX
- Have knowledge of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and knowledge sharing
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Do you have experience working on strategy games?
- Are you experienced working with tools development?
- Have you worked with Unreal in the past?
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time