AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Physics Engineer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Principal Physics Engineer to join the CSR Racing team in our growing London studio. You will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement complex software solutions
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, C#, Java etc.) and their associated frameworks
- You are a proven expert in the realm of maths and physics, having implemented physics simulations in at least a couple of games, ideally as the lead. Understanding of, and implementation of, vehicle dynamics would be a huge plus.
- Bring a deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Skills and Knowledge
- Professional experience or equivalent in physics simulation development for mobile, desktop or web applications
- Server experience is a plus; for example, web service integration, application server performance, relational databases or data analytics
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time