AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Network Engineer – IT
Zynga is currently seeing a highly proficient Principal Network Engineer with a high level of experience working on corporate enterprise networks. This role will require someone who isn’t afraid to take on projects from inception to finish as well as work on daily network operational issues. We are looking for someone that has strong experience in wireless design/troubleshooting, routing, as well as security.
This person will join the Network Engineering team based out of Zynga’s Austin studio. Hours are flexible, but will require the ability to participate in on-call rotation and emergency-based activities to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users the best possible experience.
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware in a multi-vendor datacenter, office, and cloud environment.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation.
- Work with team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations.
- Champion new network engineering projects by collaborating with multiple organizations from start to finish.
- Ability to travel as needed for new network builds.
- Perform wireless surveys leading to design and tuning recommendations.
- Team player ready to be an architect or hands on any day, ready to mentor junior engineers.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on routing, switching, wireless, firewall experience, preferably in a global enterprise environment with a high number of locations.
- Expert knowledge and skill in troubleshooting: BGP, OSPF, STP, and DM-VPN/IPSEC.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong hands on experience in troubleshooting wireless related issues.
- Experience with Python, scripting, or automation knowledge.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and excellent knowledge of core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, syslog, HTTP).
- Strong experience in functional and performance proof of concept testing.
- Experience with AWS networking and security deployments.
- Experience with F5 load balancers.
- Experience designing and deploying IPv6 in a corporate network environment.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time