AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Level Designer – Star Wars
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: London, UK
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_109824
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past six years, NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Principal Level Designer to join us in creating Star Wars™:Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will play a pivotal role in shaping the core gameplay experience of our game. You will join a team of level designers and work closely with the design, product, art, and engineering departments to create captivating environments that foster strategic, balanced, competitive gameplay. Your expertise will be essential in designing innovative arenas, ensuring a dynamic gameplay experience, and ensuring seamless integration with the game's mechanics and narrative.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Create amazing levels full of Star Wars narrative richness, set in jaw dropping locations, with unexpected twists and turns that support our hero-based combat and multiple game modes
- Research, propose, and design block out levels following our maps production pipeline
- Mentor a team of level designers by producing your own levels, and by providing guidance and feedback to elevate their performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define level design objectives that align with the game's vision
- Design and develop engaging and balanced arenas, considering player movement, tactical possibilities, and competitive elements
- Create documents, sketches, and layouts for level designs, effectively communicating your vision to the team
- Iteratively test and refine levels, analysing play test feedback, consumer testing results, and analytics to optimize gameplay
- Maintain a strong understanding of player trends, market competitors, and emerging industry innovations to continuously enhance the game's level design
Required Skills & Experience
- Levels shipped in at least one competitive multiplayer action game during the last decade, preferably more
- Proficiency in level design with Unreal Engine or equivalent game creation toolsets
- Strong understanding of game mechanics, player psychology, and level flow optimization
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Passion for gaming, with a solid knowledge of competitive gaming trends and best practices
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and collaborative development environment
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Summer/Winter parties and weekly Happy Hour in the studio
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence