AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal / Lead UI Artist – Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around the globe In 2018 & 2019, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story!
One Team: Three Epic Games.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans and Star Wars: Commander.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong identity who build world-leading, action-strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie. We ensure all of team members stay on track by having weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
We are seeking a Lead UI Artist to join our Action Strategy team to play a pivotal role in the creation of a blockbuster new mobile game. We seek for you to enable the project’s UI is developed to AAA standards, driving forward the development and visual style whilst supporting our fundamental Art & Design pillars.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be an important member of the Action & Strategy team, reporting to the game’s Art Director.
- Crafting The Art Vision: You will design innovative UI that is player-focused.
- Collaboration: Working in unison with the UX team to deliver a peerless user experience with beautifully crafted visuals free of friction.
- Setting the standard: Defining what outstanding user experience in a mobile action strategy game is.
- Collaborating with Design: Working closely with design to ensure the art supports the game experience.
Required Experience & Skills
- Develop player-facing interfaces from concept through to completion.
- Rapidly iterate interface in line with the game art direction.
- Animate motion graphics to improve the player experience.
- Present and detail optimum guidelines for workflow and visuals.
- Crafting streamlined user experience for mobile.
- Visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Experience shipping multiple apps or games with a proven workflow
- Accustomed to taking responsibility for multiple features and being able to handle your workload independently.
- Prioritising what’s best for the project and making sure the work fits within the team’s capacity.
- A clear understanding of how to work with other members of a cross discipline team.
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, technologies, and competitor products.
- Alongside Engineers integrate interface elements directly within the game engine to a detailed specification.
- Diagnose technical problems with interaction and work with engineers to resolve them.
- Optimise performance of the UI systems to run on multiple devices and platforms.
Production & Management
- Communicate progress and highlight issues efficiently to ensure smooth feature development.
- Present and sell your designs to stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail.
- Mentor and develop UI team members.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- We have a passion for Star Wars, and we hope you do too!
- Unity / Unreal engine experience / excellent knowledge of Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and other design tools.
- Strong graphic design skills
- Excellent communication skills
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
NaturalMotion is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: London, United Kingdom