AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal / Lead QA – Star Wars IP
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group (ASG) is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game, running live operations on Dawn of Titans and developing a third unannounced game, all from our London studio.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team crafts world-leading, mid-core games on a foundation of trust and camaraderie.
In 2018 & 2019 and 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Tired of working through the Black Box QA grinder? We are hiring a Test Lead for our new strategy game. The right person will assume responsibility for the establishment, communication, and implementation of game testing processes, ensuring high-quality games are delivered with an outstanding gameplay experience.
This role focuses on leading the QA team in the execution of their test cases. While working closely with the development teams, the Test Lead insures issues are accurately and timely reported, supporting high-quality releases
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Directs both in-house and outsourced testing
- Assist in planning based on road maps and schedules
- Identify the skill levels of their team members as well as the needs of the Project
- Ultimately responsible for the quality and depth of QA test plans
- Providing guidance in test plan and test case creation
- Participating in Story, Design, and Technical reviews
- Responsible for calling out known risks and providing mitigation plans
- You will be the primary point of contact between QA and Production
- Be representing QA in project meetings and a contributor to decision making
Required Experience & Skills
- A consistent record showing strong Leadership and Communication
- Good knowledge of at least one bug tracking software
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Technical expertise in client-side testing
- Familiarity with scripting automated tests
- ISTQB certifications
- Some coding experience (C++, Lua or python for example)
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
NaturalMotion is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: QA & Customer Support
Careers location: London, United Kingdom