AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Graphics Engineer – CSR2
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are seeking a Principal Graphics Engineer to support the CSR Racing 2 team, based in our central London studio. Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver work that you and your team can be proud of. You communicate clearly and effectively, deliver opinions expertly but also listen respectfully to others’ point of view. You work comfortably on even the largest scale of tasks, needing little to no direction and course-correct naturally when new information emerges. You regularly utilise your deep technical experience and high levels of creativity to build interesting and novel solutions to highly specialised graphical challenges.
As a curious and avid learner, you thrive in putting yourself outside your comfort zone and are persistent enough to see lofty challenges to completion. When necessary, your intuition and proactivity compel you to switch focus to mitigate an upcoming risk or emerging opportunity. As an advocate for visual quality, you help drive productivity, learning and technical ambition.
- R&D into state of the art techniques for new opportunities to push mobile visual boundaries and performance.
- Collaboration with art and wider disciplines to hit or exceed key visual targets.
- Working with our QA team to debug and resolve thorny graphical issues over a wide range of supported mobile devices.
- Collaborating with the rendering lead on project level graphical strategy.
- Planning and implementation of complex tasks identified as part of a sprint team.
- Reporting and documentation of tech to key partners and the studio.
- Build and improve tooling and pipelines to boost team wide productivity and quality.
- Profiling and optimisation of mobile visual effects and wider rendering pipeline.
- Cross platform development and iteration of new or existing visual features from all phases of production.
- Rendering experience on leading industry quality game titles.
- Understanding of common rendering techniques and algorithms.
- Experience with profiling and with optimising for all or most of the following: frame rate, hitching, loading times, memory usage and storage space
- Expertise with debugging a range of the trickiest of graphical issues
- Competent with art and rendering pipelines
- Confident with C# or C++ and with HLSL/CG/GLSL
- You work well in a team environment
Nice to have
- Familiarity with complexities of shipping games to Android & iOS devices on different OS, chipsets and hardware specifications
- Experience with games as service / live operations
- Unity or Unreal Engine experience
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time