AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Games Engineer – Racing
We are NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are hiring for a Principal Games Engineer with strong passion and expertise in software engineering practices who seeks to contribute ideas and solutions to push the boundaries of development using the Unity games engine, and are passionate about building the best game possible!
Your passion for games development keeps you constantly curious and up to date with the latest evolutions in games development tools and practices.
Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver clean reusable code and code architectures that you and your team can be proud of. You work well in a team environment. You communicate clearly and effectively, voice your opinions but also listen respectfully to others’ point of view. You are comfortable working on challenges of different sizes and complexity and stay focused on the task at hand.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other programmers to find optimal architectural, framework and gameplay solutions for our games.
- You will work with the project technical leadership to set the direction of architecture, testability, performance and framework development in Unity.
- Collaboration with other disciplines, including Art and Design, to ensure workflows and contribute to milestone deliverables.
- Help our project get through the various stages from concept to release and own several key aspects of the game and the game architecture.
Required Experience and Skills
- Proven expertise utilizing Unity and C# in games
- Experience in developing frameworks and tools in Unity
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation and an interest in developing original, simple solutions to complex problems.
- A background in creating data driven systems
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of UI and UX.
- Enjoy flexing your social and collaborative skills!
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with testing frameworks and Test Driven Development
- Some network and security knowledge
- Knowledge of multithreaded programming in C#
- General knowledge of the newest features and systems in Unity.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time