AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Game Economy Designer
Zynga Poker is looking for a Principal Economy Designer with experience in games to join the world’s #1 online poker game! As Principal Economy Designer, you will oversee, implement and tune the in-game economy while optimizing user experience. You will utilize methodologies of economics, behavioral psychology, and business intelligence to strategically design and maintain a healthy free-to-play mobile game economy. The economy systems you will build and manage are core to game progression, reward payouts, and overall game economy balance.
- As a member of the Product/Analytics team, you will own the in-game economy and will collaborate closely with Product Managers and analysts to devise the strategy for Poker’s economy. You will be the point of contact and expert on the game economy, including features, live operations and pricing.
- Design and implement the economy aspect of features which create a fun player experience, further the strategic vision of the product and drive increased player engagement and monetization.
- Model, simulate, and tune the game’s economy. You’ll model and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks and faucets.
- Create flexible systems and data structure to allow for rapid iteration.
- Analyze the many facets of the game economy, player engagement and monetization data at a macro and micro level. Report on performance, identify issues and opportunities, and suggest ways to optimize.
- Keep up to date with market trends and do proactive analysis of economy tuning in relevant competitive products.
- 5+ years of game design experience with 3+ years focus on economy design.
- Collaborative and excels in communicating with product managers, analysts and executives.
- Ability to balance multiple projects in parallel while delivering high quality work.
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, anticipating downstream effects, and making adjustments prior to releasing changes.
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process.
- Ideally loves playing mobile games and/or Poker.
- Advanced understanding of Excel, SQL and/or Python.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time