AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Game Designer
Zynga is looking for an experienced Principal Game Designer to work on Wizard of Oz Slots Casino. We develop leading social casino games with a team of high caliber designers and mathematicians. As designer you will lead creative input on machine content in the game.
- As a member of the design team you will collaborate with other designers, developers, and artists to build industry leading slot games to delight and engage our players.
- Own, drive, and communicate the slot machine vision for the game
- Work closely with all team members to design and prototype new gameplay and systems
- Create or adapt leading game features to work with an existing game
- Pitch new ideas to the team/ lead brainstorming sessions
- Analyze real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly while maintaining a live game economy
- Remain up-to-date with Game Design literature and standard methodologies to be an evangelist for the craft of Game Design
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ year experience in social slot game design.
- Possesses an extensive knowledge of casino games.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of creativity and innovation on game designs and a proven ability to perform analysis on complicated concepts.
- Solid knowledge of game balancing and pacing.
- Translates direct consumer insights, market data, and analysis into creative design solutions.
- Passionate gamer.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $105,000 and $160,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212392
Select Your Country of Residence