AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Economy Designer
Zynga is looking for a Principal Economy Designer with experience in games to join the world’s most competitive social slots game! As a Principal Economy Designer, you will oversee, implement and tune the in-game economy while optimizing user experience. You will utilize methodologies of economics, behavioral psychology, and business intelligence to strategically design and maintain a healthy free-to-play mobile game economy. The economy systems you will build and manage are core to game progression, reward payouts, and overall game economy balance.
- As a member of the Product/Analytics team, you will own the in-game economy and will collaborate closely with Product Managers and analysts to devise the strategy for the game’s economy. You will be the point of contact and expert on the game economy, including features, live operations and pricing.
- Design and implement the economy aspect of features which create a fun player experience, further the strategic vision of the product and drive increased player engagement and monetization.
- Model, simulate, and tune the game’s economy. You'll model and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks and faucets.
- Create flexible systems and data structure to allow for rapid iteration.
- Analyze the many facets of the game economy, player engagement and monetization data at a macro and micro level. Report on performance, identify issues and opportunities, and suggest ways to optimize.
- Keep up to date with market trends and do proactive analysis of economy tuning in relevant competitive products.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of game design or product management experience with 3+ years focus on economy design.
- Collaborative and excels in communicating with product managers, analysts, designers and executives.
- Ability to balance multiple projects in parallel while delivering high quality work.
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, anticipating downstream effects, and making adjustments prior to releasing changes.
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process.
- Ideally loves playing mobile and/or casino games.
- Advanced understanding of Excel, SQL and/or Python.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and generous bonus plan
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212277
Select Your Country of Residence