AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal DevOps Engineer
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! As a Principal DevOps Engineer, you will be a contributor on an elite team responsible for the modernization, scalability, and resilience of core components of Zynga’s infrastructure. Projects such as automated build, test, and packaging systems as well as source control management across all of Zynga are what we’re passionate about today, but we’re growing by tackling security and owning the way for the DevOps movement within the company. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team.
- Serve as Technical Lead for the team’s Projects and mentor junior engineers
- Deploy and maintain centralized build & release engineering infrastructure, including CICD platforms, build farms, SCM systems, package management, and code review tools
- Maintain crucial skills in modern technology/standards and leverage automation whenever possible
- Establish testing and reporting methods that drive KPIs for system performance
- Connect with internal customers and game teams to understand system requirements
- Propose improvements to system architecture and drive automation efforts
- Update and maintain documentation/runbooks
- Root cause and resolve problems with automated systems and deployments
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Track record of experience as a technical leader and serving as a mentor to other engineers
- Track record of efficient designing and implementing projects with minimal mentorship and consistent delivery
- Track record of initiating and implementing new procedures to facilitate team dynamics
- Track record of leading projects from ground up, demonstrating proficiency in crafting milestones, breaking up work into components, and delivering results as projected
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with programming and scripting, preferably in multiple languages (Python, NodeJs, Go, Bash)
- 4+ years in programming automation such as serverless code (e.g. Lambda), APIs, web UIs, or other production-ready tooling
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with automated deployment (Chef, Packer, Terraform, Ansible)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with cloud computing and using infrastructure-as-code to manage cloud resources (preferably AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD tools in a multi-site environment (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Perforce, Swarm, Nexus, Subversion)
- Experience with monitoring and diagnostic tools (Datadog, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, etc.)
- Experience with building and deploying containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with secrets management (HashiCorp Vault, AWS Secrets Manager)
- What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
- Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
- Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time