AVAILABLE POSITIONS Principal Character Artist – Star Wars IP
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our character team, you will have the opportunity to create amazing, diverse and unique models and textures working from initial concept through to final launched product. Collaboration with the animation, design and engineering teams to meet the high-quality standards of NaturalMotion Games. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
- Exceptional understanding of shape, structure and silhouette regarding modelling
- Expert attention to detail in all aspects of UV Mapping, textures, shaders and LOD’s
- Produce multiple levels of detail while maintaining the highest possible visual quality
- Optimize models and textures to meet the specifications
- Ensure textures display correctly across all required mobile-device resolutions
- You’re passionate about – and have good knowledge of character design, art and culture.
- You have an extraordinary understanding of form and anatomy.
- An excellent portfolio which validates that you have a good knowledge of character creation in different styles.
- Excellent skills in ZBrush, Max or Maya, substance and Photoshop
- Review and mentor other character artists
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and producers to ensure consistent product vision
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and contribute feedback to your peers.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience working as a concept artist on several titles
- Exceptional 3D skills
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
- Strong visual sense for character design
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A Passion for Games
- A liking for the Star Wars brand
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free lunch on Mondays
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time