AVAILABLE POSITIONS Manager, IT Engineering (EMEA)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for an exceptional manager to lead our world class Information Technology Engineering team based in our London office. This position will play a critical role in developing IT strategy, driving operational excellence, improvements and maximising the potential of Zynga’s systems, services and teams.
You will build and maintain strategic partnerships with business leaders and our studios, possess a strong sense of ownership, deep knowledge of a variety of technologies, and broad problem-solving experience. This position reports to the Zynga Director of IT (EMEA) and provides a unique opportunity to contribute to Zynga’s success during an exciting time in the company’s history.
If you’re a strong dynamic leader with a proven track record and a passion for technology, we want to hear from you!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with key decision makers and business owners to align requirements and needs with IT initiatives
- Define and execute the IT vision and strategy at NaturalMotion/Zynga. Must be able to stay ahead of the technology curve
- Lead and mentor our EMEA IT Engineering team focusing on Systems & Client engineering disciplines
- Drive results with clearly defined priorities, effective resource allocation, roadmaps, project plans and execution frameworks
- Manage the IT hardware and software asset lifecycle. Upgrade systems, invest in new technologies and gauge supply/demand to maintain operational efficiency
- Collaborate with Zynga’s information security team to implement and operate critical cybersecurity solutions, as well as any InfoSec processes
- Drive operational excellence within the IT organisation
- Develop and implement standards, policies and processes for: on call support, change/incident management, service delivery, system architecture, security, disaster recovery and purchasing
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience within an IT management role and 3rd line escalations
- Implementation, configuration, support, roadmap and design/planning of Mac / Jamf and PC / Configuration Manager rollouts to an enterprise company
- Experience with administering SCCM, JAMF, Apple Business Manager, Microsoft 365, Intune, MDM and providing PC, Mac and iOS end-user support
- Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience developing and maintaining scripts in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, YAML, or PowerShell with an emphasis on automation
- Mentor team on core products and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal/written communication skills with demonstrable ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills that lead to mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proven ability to motivate and lead technical teams
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience working within gaming or a similar industry
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time