AVAILABLE POSITIONS Manager, Data Analytics
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by people around the world every single day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including Words With Friends, FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Zynga’s Data Science and Analytics team uses our unique and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We continually strive to better understand our players, and to provide them with experiences that surprise and delight.
Here’s where you come in: as Manager, Data Analytics for Zynga Slots, you will provide team and technical leadership to a group of four hardworking Analysts and Data Scientists for three games: Wizard of Oz Slots, Hit It Rich!, and Game of Thrones Slots Casino. You will also have the opportunity to hire an additional Analyst or Data Scientist, based on business goals and per your discretion.
A successful candidate will be passionate about interacting directly with Product leaders to make decisions that increase engagement, retention, and revenue, seeking ultimately to improve the player experience for our customers. You will then work with your team to propose novel solutions, prioritize workflows, and coordinate Analytic solution delivery. The demands on this team are constantly evolving with the needs of Zynga’s dynamic player base, so it is important that you are able to adapt and utilize resources efficiently.
- Own objective evaluation of game health and all content/feature releases, through daily KPI reports, bi-weekly business health meetings, and feature/event readouts and analysis.
- Engage with the game studio leadership team to provide insights and guidance derived from quantitative study; influence and analytically validate product assumptions and roadmap.
- Conduct partner relationships with leads of the Product Management, Design, Marketing, Advertising and Production organizations to understand the analytical requirements of the business.
- Manage and mentor a high-performing team of analysts dedicated to providing insights and highlighting opportunities to improve acquisition, engagement, retention, monetization, and player experience for our current and potential customers.
- Build data science models to predict behavior and segment players to allow for customization of player experience.
- Own experimentation efforts, including experimental design and analysis.
- Manage game data assets by defining telemetry events, architecting data models, and defining data quality governance.
- Collaborate with software architects, database engineers, analysts, data scientists and game teams to drive key strategic initiatives for the betterment of the data and analytics infrastructure.
- Be a strategic leader within the analytics and data science organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with: machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, statistics, experimental design, computational analytics/optimization, data visualization
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users.
- Experience building and executing against a roadmap of strategic initiatives
- 5+ years of work experience in data science, machine learning or analytics roles
- 1+ years of work experience in people management
- Proficient in SQL and Python
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Austin, TX
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition Id: P212079
Select Your Country of Residence