AVAILABLE POSITIONS Live Operations Director – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for Director of LiveOps to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will collaborate with a diverse team of developers with backgrounds in PC, Console, and Mobile development, and lead the Live Operation & Feature Delivery Pipeline for Star Wars: Hunters.
You will have a balance of team leadership skills; live operations experience, and ideally free to play product knowledge. Using all of your skills and experiences you will deliver results whilst caring for the needs of your team. You will empower and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organizational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Working as part of the Studio leadership team, enable the delivery of the highest quality game experiences and future bold beats for our game.
- Support the Studio Head and work with discipline leaders to balance priorities between product (business), engineering, production, QA and other disciplines to ensure that the live game meets the needs of players
- Review game quality and recommend actions to ensure all aspects of the game behave as expected.
- Support the studio leader to build a feature pipeline and broader strategic vision for getting future experiences and features out to our players, smoothly and reliably
- Take ownership of the live operations plan for the studio, reporting on areas such as: –
- Release cadence and planning
- events, unlocked content rotations, dark-launch content
- Game stability, scale, uptime and quality
- Game integrity and resilience to attacks
- Incident response, triage, resolution and root cause
- Live KPIs (both systems SLOs/overhead and game performance KPIs)
- Implement the plan by taking direct accountability, delegating and holding accountable, staffing up, training, and communicating across the team
- Help the team build operational readiness for beta, launch and future development
- Staff readiness – ensure the capability to execute and support the beta and worldwide launch.
- Tooling readiness – own all aspects of live operations (configs, hotfixes, monitoring, load testing, localization, approval submissions, etc)
- Process readiness – triage, release, approval, RCA, etc
- Lead beta/soft launch strategy
- Understand live operations requirements on all our target platforms; lead the plan for how we release hotfixes, content and updates across all platforms (and where this differs as needed)
- Create and build positive relationships with stakeholder approval for launchable content
- Support and own strategy for operations including advocating for and implementing initiatives that streamline live, hiring and building live operations team, leading operational relationship with central teams
Required Skills & Experience
- Business Management: Ability to own and steer a free-to-play business, understanding the key drivers of the free-to-play model and how the live game and features can positively affect player behaviours and sentiment and drive business outcomes.
- Leadership Excellence: Ability to lead a cross-disciplinary game team, with outstanding leadership, communication, motivation and management skills.
- Global Gaming Outlook: Strong familiarity with iOS and Android, and new technologies, trends and gaming strategies. Deep understanding of how you might translate this into significant strategies.
- Develop Tactics: Ability to break a strategy into a tactical plan for execution, and deliver against that.
- Travel: Flexibility to travel globally as required.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Studio & Business Operations
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time