AVAILABLE POSITIONS Lead Technical Product Manager -Ads
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building products around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition, and long term retention. Our portfolio of games – CSR Racing 2, Empires & Puzzles, Merge Dragons!, Toon Blast, Words With Friends, and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Match3, and more. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the few gaming companies innovating in advertising technology.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to craft the future of the fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Publishing Division at Zynga provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The User Acquisition (UA) and Analytics teams are core to this, and you’ll be at the center of strategy and planning for both of them. As you develop into the role, you’ll deliver products that make all of your internal and external stakeholders happy. You’ll work with Lead Producers and Technical leaders to set priorities and deliver outstanding products.
The Lead Technical Product Manager for our Programmatic Ads Platform will be responsible for helping drive a clear product vision for Programmatic Advertising on the demand side and related data services. In addition to working closely with our outstanding machine learning engineering team, this individual will partner with other product teams in the UA & Analytics Organizations. You will meet with Zynga leadership, understand business goals, translate them into requirements, and to support roadmapping and prioritization for our Programmatic Ads team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in product management of advertising technology Engineering stack preferably focused on mobile.
- Performance Marketing experience as a media buyer or UA manager held accountable for campaign performance
- Understands Real-time Bidding, Programmatic, Exchanges, Supply Side Platforms, Demand Side Platforms, 1st and 2nd price auctions, 1st and 3rd party ad servers, cross-device and cross-channel targeting, cookies and privacy concerns
- Manage dependencies with other aspects of the Zynga tech stack and track development work against the expected deliverables
- Ability to build wireframes, product specifications and white papers
- Experience managing live web or mobile applications and/or games with multivariate testing is preferred
- Great data analysis skills, including being able to write scripts or queries yourself to get the data you need both in SQL and Python.
- Partner with cross functional teams including Engineers, Producers, QA, Data Scientists, UI/UX, and Executive leadership.
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Opinionated about what great Data & UA products should be.
- Passion for games, crafting fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- BS/BA degree. MBA preferred
You will be a perfect fit if:
- You have experience working as a Product Manager for highly technical UA and Analytics engineering teams with sophisticated use cases
- You have proven experience as a UA Manager or Media Buyer and are looking for a transition into a Product role
- You have an Engineering background and have spent a few years working in a fast paced environment at a large company
- You have a passion for Analytics and enjoy figuring out what features could improve UX and add value to our customers.
- You love playing with data. You establish meaningful metrics for your products, analyze them and utilize them to improve products.
- You take pride in evangelizing your products. You are humble when gaps are identified and are motivated to close them.
- You are an empathetic leader. You understand, relate to and are sensitive to partner teams and peers. You get a kick in helping them.
- You can explain a complicated topic and make it digestible, e. g. The advantages of using Spark, to any audience.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Product Management
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time