AVAILABLE POSITIONS Executive Producer
Love the process of making great games? Have a lot of experience doing it? Do you like to help guide others through the process from concept through managing live games? The Casino-Match Division of Zynga is seeking a talented, motivated and experienced Executive Producer or Senior Development Director to help us manage one of our live games.
As a member of the game’s senior leadership team, this role will be instrumental in driving the commercial success of the title. This role will be responsible for helping to navigate a full free-to-play business model, and responsible for discussing, advocating for and determining the strategic elements needed for the title to be an ongoing success. The ideal candidate needs to be experienced at managing a large team of direct and indirect reports, and will have a good understanding of a wide range of leadership, management, communication, and production practices. They also need to be able to help drive and motivate the team across all disciplines and help to cultivate a positive team culture. Ultimately, this candidate will be a problem solver and not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. This will include everything from in-the-trenches problem solving that arises in the development processes to high level team planning and career coaching.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with your key reports to create an organizational structure, processes, and project plan that allow the team to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines to drive results and outcomes
- Passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and fun work environment and culture
- Identifying and helping guide the team around potential hazards that come up through the normal game development process
- Help define and set best practices and make sure they are communicated out across the team
- Help the game team navigate all stages of the development process.
- Help build and strengthen the communication between disciplines and locations.
- Own quality of the product and be the player advocate to the team
- Help foster a positive culture
- Effectively communicate the core experience of your game to other parts of the Zynga organization, and help ensure that your product leverages the ideas and resources of the larger organization
- Above all, flexibility and adaptability are key.
- +10 yrs of experience leading and guiding multidiscipline teams through all stages of development with at least 2 games shipped as Executive Producer, Development Director or Game Director. Mobile experience preferred.
- Understands how to lead multi-disciplinary teams to create and grow great games
- Extensive knowledge of and fluency in the game development process. Understands the ins and outs of game development from concept through live operations
- Able to motivate, support and guide others to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
- Experience with various project management tools. Jira a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical skills, along with a keen attention to detail.
- Problem solver.
- This position reports directly to the Divisional EP for the org.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time