AVAILABLE POSITIONS Lead Infrastructure Engineer – Star Wars IP
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms.
As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As Infrastructure Lead you will be responsible for the successful launch of a new, premiere mobile game in the Star Wars universe that will engage with millions of players daily.
You’ll be skilled in online service development and operations; experienced in building platforms that are robust, scalable and performant; and passionate about excellence in software engineering. You will lead a team of experienced engineers, and work closely with a diverse and inspiring game team of designers, artists, animators, product managers, producers, data analysts and community managers.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to lead development for a landmark title in the games industry based on one of the worlds most beloved creative properties.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of engineers to architect and implement robust and scalable online services for a sophisticated game service
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive professional experience in online service
- Experience in a leadership role previously.
- Experience shipping at-scale services in a commercial environment.
- Identifies and prioritizes online service needs. Evaluates requirements, writes software specifications, and designs and implements sophisticated software solutions.
- Creates well designed, efficient and testable code in one or more Object-Oriented languages (e.g. C++, C#, Go, Python etc.)
- Experience leading, managing, and mentoring engineers. Inspires team, and creates a professional and respectful environment for all staff.
- Deep understanding of solutions architecture, algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization in server environments.
- Provides domain expertise in one or more technical areas such as real-time client/server architecture, provisioning and deployment, networking, database, analytics, server application development, profiling and performance, monitoring/alerting, and security/forensics.
- Technically proficient with key technologies including Linux, AWS, Terraform, Vault, Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Able to work collaboratively with many other functions including game design, client engineering, analytics, QA and customer service. Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in an agile environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Updates knowledge constantly. Always learning and seeking to learn.
- Experience in the video game industry and/or mobile app delivery is a plus.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time