AVAILABLE POSITIONS Lead Game Designer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2019, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz for the second year running. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
We are seeking a Lead Game Designer to lead a talented, multi-discipline design team that will take the NM Racing studio to new heights. You will ensure new features are executed to AAA standards, and support the core pillars of the projects you are working on. You will mentor your team members, giving them the support and the framework to do their best work.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Design Vision: Delivering the game design vision for features and projects. You will lead the design and execution of exciting bold beats – new features that boost the game’s performance, and give marketing great opportunities to expand the reach of the game by appealing to new players and re-engaging lapsed ones.
- Design Leadership: Lead the design team in the Midlands Studio, giving them mentorship and support, having regular one-to-ones and working closely with them to ensure they are delivering high quality design work. You will take pride and ownership in helping them become more skilled and capable in their game design career.
- Cross-Discipline Collaboration: Working with other disciplines, particularly Data Science and Product Management as well as Art and UX to respond to opportunities in the game that can be capitalised on.
- Representing the Players’ Needs: You will be leading the design of content and features that will be enjoyed by millions of players, and will constantly be seeking to help your team to enhance the game experience that is loved by our loyal and devoted players.
Required Experience & Skills
- Line-Management & Leadership: You are able to mentor and support a varied team of designers with different areas of specialty and experience.
- Emotional Intelligence: You will be a confident, independent worker that is able to quickly integrate yourself into a large, multi-cultural team.
- Design Acumen: Knowledge about both mobile and console games and the key design trends and opportunities that will shape the industry in the future.
- Live Operations: You will have demonstrated ability in executing best-practice Live Operations and Games as a Service approaches, which deliver vibrant, performant content week after week.
- Roadmap Planning: You are able to represent the players’ needs in backlog planning and refinement meetings to ensure their expectations are consistently being exceeded.
- Genre Knowledge: A demonstrable interest in cars and racing games.
- Communication: An elegant, straightforward and confident communicator.
- Gaming Passion: Real passion for gaming, especially mobile. You can speak with assuredness about what make games special and where opportunities are to deliver fantastic player experiences.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Game Design & Production
Careers location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time