AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Environment Artist – Star Wars
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting beautiful game environments that will delight our players. You will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from a diverse team, and collaborate with designers and artists to deliver work that pushes the boundaries of what players think is possible.
You’ll work closely with team members based in Austin, TX and Brighton, UK to deliver an exciting new world in support of the game’s creative vision.
- Experience working as an Environment Artist on at least one shipped game.
- Outstanding 3d skills in a major package (Maya or Max)
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Substance)
- Strong visual sense with environments and an ability to work from concept and reference
- Comfortable working with existing art style and content budget guidelines.
- Able to collaborate with and mentor other environment artists.
- Demonstrable appreciation and understanding for modeling and texturing to engine and game performance benchmarks.
- Thoughtful when giving and receiving constructive feedback on work.
- Self-organized and willing to participate in team meetings
- Solid understanding of environment and architectural design, art, and culture.
- Able to build high quality results consistently and predictably.
- Adept at collaborating and problem-solving with peers in Level Design in order to plan and sell the visual story of an environment.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- Anticipates problems and is proactive in solving them.
- Demonstrates a passion for video games.
An exceptional candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- Substance Designer expertise.
- Unreal Engine 4 proficiency.
- Level Design or world-building experience.
Please include a link to your portfolio, demonstrating knowledge of game environment creation, with your application!
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time