AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Engineer, Mobile Submit
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Zynga is looking for new talent to join our Release Operations team. The team’s main responsibility is to manage our global releases to our customers around the world. This role’s aim is to help facilitate this by building and maintaining tools to make us more efficient whilst also assisting in the management of the releases themselves. This position is based in our Austin studio. You will be part of a global team working with multiple projects and teams reporting to the Manager, Release Operations.
- Create, maintain and manage tools and services that automate, facilitate and improve the distribution of products to various platform storefronts
- Proactively troubleshoot new and existing tools to find and resolve bugs
- Assist Release Managers in the releases of Zynga’s global game catalogue to our users via the Google Play Store, Apple App Store etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with product teams to ensure smooth delivery of graphical assets, metadata and builds to publishing partner store fronts
- Drive submission and release best practices with game teams by identifying areas of improvement and rolling out new processes
- Provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and the leadership team to reduce risks for app releases
- Work closely with the other members of the release team in Zynga across North America, India, and the UK
Examples of tasks include:
- Craft, maintain and document reliable automation tools and frameworks
- Ability to offer technical mentorship to upskill the global team
- Conduct professional written and verbal communication with key stakeholders with a service-minded approach
- Managing provisioning profiles and development certificates
- Maintain a historical archive of submitted data using Github.
- Troubleshoot and resolve build and submission failures.
- Understand the risks present in any planned submission and release
- Identify platform changes that may affect the business and highlight risks
- Review and document retrospectives of submissions to improve and streamline the process
- Provide additional assistance for Mobile Submit tasks such as documentation, submissions and the administration of the Apple, Google Play and Amazon development portals
- Proven communication skills; ability to collaborate and build relationships with multi-functional, multi-regional teams is essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills; ability to prioritise workload effectively and in line with business needs
- Strong team player; ability to work with a team spread across different locations
- Proven ability to work independently and create informative documentation
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly, work efficiently and keep a cool head at busy times
- Experience learning and maintaining existing code
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar
- Understanding of app/game development lifecycles
- Working knowledge of the mobile developer portals
- Working knowledge of Apple profiles and certificates
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
Other must haves:
- Source Control Management: Git & Perforce
- CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Fastlane
- Platform Development Tools: XCode, Android Studio
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Angular/React/Vue
- Shell scripting
- Ability to write automated tests for your code
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time