AVAILABLE POSITIONS General Manager, Live Operations – Words with Friends
As a member of the senior leadership team, this role will have full P&L responsibility for the WWF Business Unit and will be instrumental in driving the commercial success of the WWF Titles and the Studio, including all studio locations. This role will be responsible for navigating a full free-to-play P&L & Business Model, and responsible for discussing, advocating for and the strategic elements the studio with the WWF Leadership Team, Zynga Executives, including User Acquisition, Monetization, Retention, Platform Opportunities, Technology Innovations, and Brand/Licensing Opportunities. Experienced at managing a large team of direct and indirect reports, this role will have a fluid and elegant understanding of a wide range of leadership, management, communication, and production practices, optimizing engagement, productivity, and quality in the team, whilst instilling it with the culture and values of WWF.
Senior Vice President, Games
- KEY BUSINESS OWNER: Full and overall responsibility for the commercial success of the WWF title. Ultimately responsible for the overall P&L.
- MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS: Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the game team during development and live operations. Collaborating with Product, Design, Development, Analytics and QA, to create the vision and build the game/s, and manage required services once live (developed and/or integrated), throughout the game/s life-cycle.
- DEFINE STRATEGY: Contributes to the overall business strategy and associated business model.
- TACTICAL EXECUTION: Takes ownership of the roadmap and the specifics of how it delivers the business strategy. Reconciles business and creative needs as the game/s and markets develop in order to deliver sustained growth for the business.
- COMMUNICATION & COORDINATION: Coordinates and lead efforts across a large cross-functional team, including Publishing, Legal, HR, Product Marketing and other diverse groups.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BUSINESS UNIT/P&L MANAGEMENT: Proven experience owning and directing a free-to-play business. Demonstrable record of accomplishment in delivery of gaming titles across multiple platforms. Thorough understanding of micro-transaction based business models, managing product-level P&Ls, and meeting and exceeding revenue target goals. Senior level Business Leadership experience (at least 5 years) of a large online business across various locations, including international remote sites.
- LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE: Extensive direct experience managing cross-disciplinary game teams, showing a wide range of leadership, communication, motivation and management skills.
- GLOBAL STRATEGIC OUTLOOK: Strong familiarity with iOS and Android, and emerging technologies, trends and gaming strategies. The proven ability to translate this into meaningful strategies.
- DEVELOP TACTICS: Proven ability to break a strategy into a tactical plan for execution.
- COMMUNICATION: An elegant, straightforward and confident communicator, you will be able to concisely and clearly communicate business, operational and development performance.
- GAMING PASSION: Passion for gaming, especially on mobile.
- EDUCATION: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field of study.
- TRAVEL: Flexibility to travel globally, as required.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Master’s level in Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
- Background / Education in a STEM field
- Senior level Business Leadership experience (at least 5 years) of a large online business across various locations, including international remote sites.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Product Management
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time