AVAILABLE POSITIONS Game Design Director
Zynga is looking for an experienced Game Design Director to work on a new mobile title. This role owns the game design vision from concept through to game launch, and is involved in hands-on design work, developing and socializing a creative framework, and building and leading a team.
- Own, drive, and communicate the creative vision for a new game
- Define game pillars, systems map, player journey, and related design foundation
- Work closely with all team members to design, prototype, and evaluate gameplay and systems
- Be the advocate of good design practices across the studio
- Create or adapt leading game features to work with an existing game
- Pitch new ideas to division leadership/lead brainstorming sessions on the team
- Work with product managers, developers and artists to lead all aspects of the development process
- Hold a high quality bar and give feedback on user experience stories and wireframe screens and flows
- Remain up-to-date with Game Design literature and standard methodologies to be an evangelist for the craft of Game Design
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience building and leading creative teams
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle complex design challenges across multiple projects / feature areas
- Expert in synthesizing audience insights and market data into creative frameworks
- Possesses an extensive knowledge of the casual games market
- Solid knowledge of game balancing and pacing
- Translates direct consumer insights, market data, and analysis into creative design solutions
- Passionate gamer
- 2+ shipped games
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and generous bonus plan
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212610
Select Your Country of Residence