AVAILABLE POSITIONS Art Outsource Manager – 6 month Contract
The Outsource Art Manager will be responsible for producing and ensuring quality art assets for Words With Friends. This will be conducted by directing outsource art vendors and providing hands-on concept and production artwork.
- Work closely with creative leads, artists, designers, and partner teams to deliver high-quality art assets from outsourcing providers that follow documented style guidelines.
- Create high-quality artwork for the game team including concept and production art.
- Provide necessary reference material and define technical/creative specifications to successfully commission outsourced art. Give hands-on paint over and art direction to art vendors.
- Support, maintain and communicate with external art vendors and internal partners.
- Track and review incoming work for quality, to ensure it meets all visual and technical requirements. Meet and exceed all internal project deadlines, budgets, and milestones.
- Organize internal feedback, sign-off procedures, and act as the primary point of contact for communication with outsourcing vendors and internal producers
- Develop, maintain, document, and continually improve outsourcing procedures and pipelines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong art fundamentals including drawing, painting, color theory, composition, and lighting. Solid character design skills are preferred, with a deep understanding of human anatomy, expressions, and three-dimensional form.
- Portfolio provided should be indicative of high-quality art skills and understanding.
- Able to comprehend a particular visual style and articulate feedback towards it.
- Expert level experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A genuine passion for gaming, illustration, and marketing.
- Experience with art feedback tools like Shotgun or similar software/feedback pipelines is a plus. Experience with art direction is a plus.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art
Careers location: San Francisco, CA