AVAILABLE POSITIONS Environment Artist – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
At NaturalMotion we are seeking an Environment Artist to assist in the creation of environments for the Racing team, focusing on enhancing the gameplay experience. You will also have the opportunity to own entire scenes from planning to completion. Working alongside the Lead Environment Artist and other Artists to deliver best in class visuals on mobile for the Racing titles.
You will have a good understanding of how environment art can support gameplay and reinforce game narrative. You will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve overall art quality.
Alongside the other members of the team you will author game assets and environment scenes to the highest standards suitable for a vast range of devices. Specifically focusing on the creation of mood boards, reference boards, block outs, whiteboxes, prototypes and in game assets in a non-destructive/future proofed pipeline.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling the delivery of work required to launch and manage a live service. Always aware that a live product is subject to change and improvement.
- Responsible for delivering outlined art requirements for the racing titles by the Environment Art Lead.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of assets using software such Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Unity.
- Effectively assist the Lead on the planning and briefing of outsource companies as well as be able to guide deliver their content until final implementation.
- Deliver the best quality whilst being mindful of game limitations and working with peers to agree on the best outcome.
- Ensure all art and estimations are planned well, effective and clearly communicated to your lead.
- Help promote and support an Art culture and relevance across the team.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience working as an Environment Artist on PC/Console games
- Working with software such Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Unity
- Proven ability to clearly define requirements that may have cross discipline.
- Confidently able to plan and estimate time against their work and reflect industry standard estimations for asset creation.
- Communicates clearly and professionally across disciplines within the team. Clearly explains and summarises key elements of assigned work.
- Good, collaborative team player.
- Outside the box thinking when it comes to potential new ideas that would benefit the game.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time